Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day Seven Photos

It started out very foggy in Yellowstone Park.


This was taken a few minutes inside the West Entrance to the park.


...as was this one. The stream and tall trees provided some great framing for the background.


This is the same area as the photo directly above, I just turned 45 degrees to the left.


This was taken as I was getting close to Old Faithful. You can see steam rising from one of the nearby geysers at the end of the trees on the left side of the road.


And here is Old Faithful. She surprised all of us by going off more than 15 minutes earlier than the park rangers predicted. If you ever visit here to take photos, make sure you scope out a location early. Depending on where you set up, your background could be trees, sky, hills, a building, etc. So plan it out before the eruption!


This is a walkway to get to Old Faithful. It was not erupting at the time, but that's it in the bottom center.


Yellowstone has got to be one of the most beautiful areas in the world.


As I was driving by, I spotted this view out of the corner of my eye, looked to see if anyone was coming behind me, slammed on the brakes, and put it in reverse. It was worth the effort!


This is Yellowstone Lake: one of the clearest, bluest bodies of water I have ever seen.


Same area as above, just a wider shot.


This was taken further along the Lake. You follow it for a good distance, and it provides some great shots.


Same area as the above the photo, just a little further along to include some forest.


This was taken just west of Cody, WY.


And to be honest, this and the next two photos, I'm not exactly sure where they were taken! The best I can say it they are from the northern Wyoming/southern Montana area.



2 comments:

  1. Loved, Loved the pictures! I've never been to Yellowstone and I want to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible pictures! It looks like the backdrop for a Busch beer commercial. Way to go Kev!

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete