Monday, June 22, 2009

Day Ten

Day Ten? TEN? This thing is halfway done?? That's pretty unbelievable. I return to Kansas on Day 21, so yes, half of my trip is over. Or do I have half of my trip left to enjoy? I was never really sure where I stood on the optimism question. When someone asked me if the glass was half full or half empty, I said the glass was too big. But anyways, either way I look at it, the fact doesn't change that I've had 10 great days and I have 11 great days ahead, so bully for me!

Today was a nice day. The almost 9 hours in the car from South Sioux City, NE to Rockford, IL flew right by, even though I had only one major stop in that time: the Field of Dreams movie site in Dyersville, Iowa. When I pulled up, I immediately saw something that slightly disappointed me: the growing season was not too far along yet, and the corn was only about knee high. But everything else was great. The ballfield was in terrific shape, the house up on the hill above the field looked great, and I got to sit on the bleachers where James Earl Jones sat in the movie. Pretty nifty! The other major activity is yet to come: I'm going to a minor league baseball game tonight. The Rockford Riverhaws host the Evansville Otters. A classic minor league matchup if I've ever heard one- Riverhawks versus Otters! So I'm taking off for that in a few minutes. Depending on the quality of my internet connection, and the time at which I come back from the game, the photos from today might be up or they might not be. So far the connection has been flaky, and I'm a bit surprised I actually got this to post, so we'll see. If not, hopefully I'll have time tomorrow. Time to head to the stadium!

No comments:

Post a Comment