Monday, June 22, 2009

Day Ten Photos

This is what Iowa looks like. I'd hate to make this drive when all the fields are bare. At least the green is pleasant to look at versus an empty brown field.


Hey look! Some water and a cool reflection! Maybe Iowa isn't so bad after all!


No, it really is.


The Field Of Dreams movie site in Dyersville, IA. I hadn't seen the movie in years, but when I pulled up and saw the field and the house and the bleachers and the corn, it all came rushing back into my mind. It still looks great! This is the view from third base looking towards home plate and the house.


It was astonishing to see the difference between Iowa and Illinois. It seems like as soon as I crossed the border, the general feeling went from "farmland" to "beautiful scenery".


This photo, and the one above, was taken from a scenic viewpoint high up above the land. There was a lookout tower there maybe 75 feet tall, which would have provided an even more amazing view, but it was closed due to structural problems.


This guy literally came riding out of the field, down the side hill, and onto the road behind me.


First pitch from the minor league baseball game I went to, the Rockford Riverhawks hosting the Evansville Otters.


These action shots didn't turn out too bad considering the relatively low-end camera I have. I wish I had one of the cameras the Sports Illustrated guys have!




I finally caught a foul ball!! And it has a great story. I will tell the story in its own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment