Friday, June 26, 2009

Day Fourteen

Two-thirds of the way done. Unreal. I am at my hotel, in a town just east of Albany, NY. I'm making this post short and sweet, cause I want to get photos up, and then get to bed. Tomorrow, I reach the end of Route 20!

I had a 5.5 hour drive from Buffalo to Cooperstown, and it rained most of the time. Not too hard, but definitely a nuisance. Up to this point, I was starting feel like I was running on fumes. Ever since the drive through Chicago Tuesday morning, I wasn't feeling great. Driving through Chicago and Cleveland built up a lot of stress, the time spent walking on Notre Dame's campus and the Toledo Zoo was enjoyable but exhausting in the summer sun, my plans to see Niagara Falls were thwarted by a thunderstorm, and I can't say that I was sleeping well. So when I got to Cooperstown, I was not having a fun time. I thought the rest of this trip would just be a bear. But I got to tell you, being in that town, and walking through the Hall of Fame museum, it was abso-freakin-lutely invigorating! I felt like a million bucks driving out of there! It's just the magic of Cooperstown, I guess. So I feel like a different person tonight, and a good night's rest will keep me fired up for tomorrow, when I triumphantly drive into Boston! Route 20 is about to be my b*tch!!

1 comment:

  1. glad you got over the stress and exhaustion hump! good luck on your way to the end of the road. have fun with aunt laura-- call us when you're together.
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete